Thursday, November 23, 2006

Carrefour removals and soddin' Taiwan power !!



So The weekend was yet again hectic. Saturday I went to Taipei to watch the English beat S.Africa in a tight game 23 - 21. This was in the Tavern pub where there are 40 odd screens to watch sport. Normally I would say this would be my paradise but strangely I didn't like it in there - too loud, too many different sports on at once, too Man Utd ! I left a little earlier than expected and returned to Jonghli. Sunday was always going to be a busy day - moving into my apartment.
Yes that is a shopping trolley from Carrefour which proved very helpful in helping move my boxes from AGs pad (across the courtyard) to mine !
Whilst in Carrefour I made a purchase - a set of clippers ! Great idea... not! Sunday evening I took them to my head - now there is one thing about clippers and that is once you've started ....... you have to finish. The picture above shows the end result - and trust me there really isn't much further to go.This was primarily due to the power being so weak, the clippers could not cope with the thickness of my hair. I must thank AG for his help on Monday morning (yes, I did start on Sunday !!!) - I would have looked a bigger prat than usual without you.
A little mention for Mr. S whom unfortunately lost his bag with all documents in it - he wasn't paying attention when his mind veered, whilst chatting to a local (female, surprise, surprise). He now has the hassle of sorting everything out - oh my god (spoken in that mellow Franglais accent that only the French and Peter Sellers can do !) - Mr.S is very good at doing flowcharts about everyone here in Taiwan - please go easy on me - yeah, right ........
You see above AGs' 3rd of 4 professions in Taiwan. He originally came here as a train controller.Then he saw pictures of street dogs and went on to become a charity worker (very good at it and has a persuasive technique, apparantly !), then barber (very reasonable rates) and has now found himself in Power Control. Stick to trains there is more money in it. About work : The course goes on .......................................................................................................zzzzzz!
I am off to Thailand tomorrow for the weekend.I am looking forward to that as I had a bit of a tough time this week. I think I had a little homesickness without realising it and blew a couple of things out of proportion. Thanks to you Aussies (Steve, Matt) , the guys at the Amazon (The Rivers' new name) Ginger, Kim, Vincent etc and of course AG for pulling me through !
The Taiwan 'lack of' Power Company got me again with my European printer as well. Plugged it in and nothing ! My hotel voucher is now stuck in system.
One quick last word for the mighty LFC who won last night - oh and please England play better on days 2,3,4 and 5 of the 1st test. It is going to get quite unbearable here if you don't!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home