Thursday, November 30, 2006

Taiwan Diet - The Pot Noodle


Another week has passed and I think it is time to discuss something that is consumed a lot and is found along a whole row at Carrefour - THE POT NOODLE. We seem to have these at least 3 times a week. Can anyone please let me know what the MSG is doing to my body !
I had good intentions of starting a little fitness work in the gym this week - shockingly it never happened!!
Friday saw me fly out of here to Pattaya for the weekend. I had no trouble in getting to the airport and checking in. The flight arrived early and I made good time to Pattaya - the sex capital of the world. Nothing could have prepared me for what I encountered. No pictures as I was too bemused by what was there. I remain in 2 minds about Thailand generally. The reputation that goes before Pattaya is nothing in comparison to the reality that is Pattaya. It was great to see friends such as Rich Metten, Bruce, Colin and Bob and Suzy who unfortunately were there for a funeral. A little communication problem probably saved me from a very drunken afternoon on the Saturday.
The kiss and ride policy that is found in airports and stations leaves a lot to the imagination. What it is exactly, I am not sure. If I wasn't married, I may be tempted to find out !!! - It sounds good anyway.
Work this week has seen us all pass another exam - just 2 to go. The course has some interesting bits in it including today a bit about what happens if a toilet becomes unavailable !!! Opening day has been put back until the end of the month.
The rumour is that AG is going to be back on Train Control, now his 5th job since arriving (his charity work has curtailed in recent times also) ! Mr. S continues to struggle with bureaucracy and beer, as he tries to get his passport before he goes back to France on the 27th Dec.
Last sports bit - a mixed time for the injury hit mighty reds (but a lot better 7 days than my friends from N. London) and please please England try and bowl a bit better in the second test (20 run outs is highly unlikely !) - save me from the Aussies please.
As shifts approach soon, the blog is likely to be updated 'only once' a week - please be patient !

4 Comments:

Blogger Innes said...

kiss and ride huh?

12:39 PM  
Blogger Innes said...

David...text seem to take a week to get to destinatiion,,,,

email to use now is

donaldinnesross@hotmail.co.uk

Fuerte on the 10 Jan...........yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

5:00 AM  
Blogger DANIELBLOOM said...

http://www.therealtaiwan.com/?p=520

5:06 PM  
Blogger DANIELBLOOM said...

http://www.libertytimes.com.tw/2007/new/feb/8/today-life7.htm

blog of DAVID ON FORMOSA has pics in Chinese too

http://blog.taiwan-guide.org/2007/02/taiwanese-media-covers-kiss-and-ride/

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home