Sunday, December 17, 2006

Wellies, anybody ?



The middle of this week saw us witness some of the rainy season with a good 72 hours of solid hard rain. Most people take the mickey out of my golf gear but the waterproofs and extra large umbrella came in handy.
Last week was one of disappointment as I managed to pass my exam and am now just 1 shift away from adding Shinkansen signalling to the CV (which is being updated constantly !). Before that saw us go to the PB christmas party at a youth activity centre in Taipei. As you can see from photo, there was karaoke - AG limbering up here ! with MM and myself very amused by the prospect (infact we were not sure who was the biggest clown !) - and the party was mainly for children (we were ok !) , with wine and chinese banquet for the adults. Thank god for Joanne, who got us through the banquet.
It was a farewell this week to 'big Chris' Miannay who has finally had enough of the environment we work in and gone back to live in France or wherever the next contract takes him - remember me big Chris please. Chris is a huge character I met whilst testing CTRL and then 3 years later and 12,000 kms we met again. I like Chris, he is someone that dwarfs me ! Good luck mon ami, I bet we meet again.
I have finally had the pleasure of getting my hands on ............................... the system that is going to run the High Speed train. Above is a picture of the Control Centre. Fair to say that no high speed train controlling will be done as the system is so congested it is cumbersome. CTRL screens congested - trust me you have seen nothing till you have seen this one.
I must take this opportunity to wish our roster clerk a merry christmas as it could be his last if he doesn't improve it rapidly ! 5 nights leading up to Christmas - thanks.

Enough about work - the Amazon remains a great football watching venue as the beloved LFC won 3 - 0 at Charlton. The Aussies are still crowing -Help !!!!!!!
As a treat for passing my course I have invested in an ipod. having spent a little while sorting out how to load songs the vibes are flowing in the apartment - I also informed Louise that she has bought me a speaker system for Christmas - she was thrilled. The other residents may not be so keen though !
If I don't get to the blog before the 25th, here's wishing all you bloggers a splendid Christmas and great New Year (that will be celebrated - trust me I'm off !!!!!!!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home