Sunday, February 11, 2007

It's not my fault ...........................





if I end up in hospital after tumbling over a barrier which was hidden in the dark and left sideways on next to an illegally parked car and smashing my face into a stone pillar/wall. As you can see I ended up in the hospital, lucky to escape with a badly swollen cheek, a cut eye and grazed chin. I am not sure that I will top of anyones list for the kissing competition (wasn't going to enter anyway - Louise !) on Valentines day !

I must talk about the hospital -NT kindly accompanied me to the medical centre situated opposite our flats. 5 minute is all it takes - we walked into a reception area where they enquired as to whether I had a national insurance card, which I do being a resident of Taiwan. I was advised to go to a triage room where a doctor would see me. Being used to the William Harvey in Ashford I was ready to settle down for a few hours, but no, a doctor saw me within 5 minutes. I had a little treatment to clear up my wounds before going for an X-ray. Surely there must be a delay here - incorrect. Straight in and out. Within a couple of mins the X-rays were back with the doc. He saw there was no cheekbone fracture (surgery probably would have been 10 mins later !!!) and sent me on my way via the chemist. We could not have been there half an hour. The insurance all sorted out and back on my way - the whole process done for 8 quid !
I will however need new glasses. I know this because the ones I used today showed England beating Australia again at Cricket. There must be something wrong with them !
I would like to thank Duncan, Freddie and the boys for recovering and making my workplace far more entertaining. Who are the bunnies now (Sydney Telegraph) ?
On the work front, I have now started to do some support work for the back office. This will at end of this next week become my primary role.
It's not my fault ................... if I get down on one knee and ask a girl to marry me ! Which is what AG did this week. All the 'I'm never getting married' quotes seeem to have gone out of the window. Congratulations to AG and Debbie on your happy news. We have hardly seen AG since Debbie (Galt to be) arrived. I think he is locked away! I guess that will happen to me in June when hopefully Louise and the children come to visit Taiwan.
So, what is coming up in the near future..... Very little work, which is good. Next weekend sees Chinese New Year arrive. I don't know what to expect, but I am hoping for a festive week. Then on the 22nd, my mate Jason arrives from the UK. I have various trips planned for him (mainly involving pubs, as usual!) and will take him on the train on the 26th. The week after that, sees me return to the UK. I cannot wait to see my family - I miss them hugely. I also miss Sausages, Roast Beef, A take-away curry, proper English breakfast etc. I don't miss the William Harvey !
I leave you with this thought. 4 matches ago there was a headline in the Sydney Telegraph -"Worst team in the World beat best team in the World" as England beat Australia in the group stage. It is now 3 on the trot - what will the new headline be ............................ Answers in the comments please - keep them clean.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stripe said...

We play cricket in Taiwan if you're interested:
http://formosacricketclub.tripod.com/
or email me on:
grantjohndexter@hotmail.com

6:14 PM  
Blogger Graham said...

Apparently they were getting ready to use the same headline at half-time in the Carling Cup Semi-Final at White Hart Lane.

Didn't need to use it in the end though - he he.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Graham said...

So how many beers had you really drunk before this barrier leapt out in front of you ? Or had you just been winding some big Aussie up about the cricket ?

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home