Sunday, April 29, 2007

Freedom and the Yellow Peril !!!




This week saw me finally give in to the scooter fraternity. Having put it off for quite a long time, I have finally surrendered. Pete Dog pictured above (laughing too much for my liking - do you think I paid too much for it !!!) is returning to Oz and wanted to sell his bike. It goes very well and is a lot of fun. Hopefully I will see some of the island now.
The other picture depicts a closet fascination of aircraft. AG also shares this interest and we have found a good place to do some spotting. Hope it is not like Greece and we get deported !!!!
So what has been happening - in all honesty not too much.
I have started getting my teeth into my new job which is very interesting but full of frustration. There is always a different opinion out there.
Pete has announced that he is going back to Australia. He has got a new job in Sydney and we are all throwing our email addresses at him in the hope of future employment. He has been a constant source of laughter and help in trying sort out new procedures (along with Neil (NT) who is also helping me learn to ride the scooter).
We have a couple of scares with the tax issues but think we have all got our heads around it.
So, what of the future - Next Saturday sees me play in a Golf competition. That should be a laugh as I haven't hit a ball in a month or so. After that I have 3 or so weeks to wait until I fly back to the UK to pick up the family and bring them to Asia. They will be here for 9 or so days. It will be a good holiday for Louise who continues to amaze me with her strength of dealing with this situation. She is going to deserve a good holiday at the end of this contract, that is for sure !
Hopefully I will lots more interesting stuff to share with you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home