Thursday, May 17, 2007

Who is next ?





The time has come for Pete Dog and his wife Mel to go back to Australia - Sydney to be precise.

They leave next week and will be missed by us all as quite frankly we had a hell of a laugh. He did have the advantage of a successful cricket team as opposed to us Brits, but all the same. Anyway we hope to meet up again. The picture above of the group that went to Petes' leaving do - an expensive affair- especially the beer that was 80p for drink as much as you can ! Names from left to right are: Pete Doggett,Steve Barclay,Alastair Galt,Chris Cochelin,John Pigeon,Me,Neil Thompson,Dave Marchant,Christoph Schwacke,Chris Williams. Chris (who should be a stand-up comic) told us tales about Chillies and Hose pipes which made us laugh until we cried. Beer flowed (a little) and Seafood eaten.

So what has happened ? Work is becoming increasingly frustrating but very interesting. The only pity is that I will never see the end of what we have started and it would have been great to see the new rule book come out. NT - signed copy at its' launch please.

The scooter has given me a new lease of life since I bought it from Pete. I have been up to Shihmen Reserve (pictures above). A beautiful dam set up in the mountains some 30 minutes from the grimy metropolis that is Jhongli. This weekend I am going to play in a golf competition at Hsinchu which will be fun. Then it will be the FA Cup Final (Taiwan style) and the Final of the Super 14s.

Sunday I hope to go off on the bike again. The trouble is that the rainy season is closing in. So I am now very subject to the weather. Fingers crossed I will be able to go into the mountains or out to a beach.

What of the expats ? Most seem to be ok - some look like getting extensions. As for me I think my time is slowly coming to an end in Taiwan. I am keen to go home to my fantastic family and they are keen for me to return. I have enjoyed most of my time here but there is a point where you say enough is enough.

Good luck Pete and Mel - au revoir

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home